State of Delaware - Search and Services/Information
Step 1: Search the Job Postings
- From the DEL Home page there are a number of ways to search for a job.
- 1. Enter keywords in the Search box (i.e. Accountant, Engineer) to find positions in your area of interest.
- 2. Select the type of job you wish to apply for:
- Merit System Opportunities
- Non Merit System Opportunities
- Casual/Seasonal Jobs
- Note: When searching Merit System Agency Jobs, you can sort by job category, closing date, salary, location or an alphabetical list by using the dropdowns at the top of the page.
Step 2: Review the Job Postings
- Click on the actual “Job Title” to view the complete job posting and to view the job duties and requirements.
Step 3: Starting the Application Process
- Once you have found a job you would like to apply for you will begin the on-line application process.
- If you have already created a user account in DEL, just click on “Apply” to log back in and begin a new application.
- If you are a first time user in DEL, click on “Apply”. You will then be prompted to create your own personal/confidential user account which will enable you to complete the on-line application.
Step 4: Completing the Application
- Upon completing each tab of the application, click “Save” so you do not lose your data. If you do not have time to finish an application, you can click “Save” and complete your application at another time.
Step 5: Submitting the Application
- In order to submit your application for consideration for a job posting you must agree to all of the terms by checking the boxes listed and then select the “Send to the State of Delaware” button on the Send tab. This serves as your electronic signature in agreement with all terms and conditions of the employment application process.
- Upon successful submission of your application, you will promptly receive an email confirmation. If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail, please promptly notify us.
- For more detailed information see the DEL Applicant User Guide found on the on Job Seekers Resources.