State of Delaware - Search and Services/Information
- The mission of Delaware Department of Correction (DOC) is to protect the public by supervising adult offenders through safe and humane services, programs and facilities.
- About the Department
- The Department of Correction is the largest law enforcement agency in the State with over 2,500 employees. Delaware provides a unified correctional system, with all correctional facilities and institutions falling under the jurisdiction of the State. The Department supervises between 6,500 - 7,000 inmates within our correctional facilities and approximately 17,000 probationers within the community.
- Within the unified system, Delaware maintains a five-level system of supervision for offenders:
- Level V - 24-Hour Incarceration
- Level IV - Work Release, Home Confinement, Residential Drug Treatment, Probation Violation
- Level III - Intensive Probation Supervision
- Level II - Standard Probation
- Level I - Administrative Supervision